Wednesday, June 2, 2010

HANG ON TO YOUR EGO

Today is the first official day I have had nothing whatsoever to do with my business.

Well, actually, I have 2 events this month that I am assisting my former partner with. I cannot wait for June 15th, when I will be done with it all.

Or can I?

Today I am unemployed. Officially. It's the first time I've felt this too, even though I knew it was coming, even though yesterday was the end of my former career. I'm trying to embrace it and feel it, take my friend's advice and just own it.

So far it sucks.

I think the main reason it sucks (aside from the killer headache I've had all day) is because, in a couple hours, I am going to my great aunt's funeral. She was 86 and I think she lived a great life. I don't know. She never married and lived with her sister, who also never married. I wonder what life will be like for my other aunt, who, at 83, is living alone for the first time ever in her life.

Lots to think about. With an Irish Catholic wake, comes a huge social hour. Our wakes are huge social hours, big parties in a sense. A celebration of life.

And a lot of questions about what you are up to these days.

I wish I had an answer for that.

What am I up to these days?

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying again as the last comment didn't post. I'm sure you will land on your feet. Dream job will show up. Your friend's advice reminded me of a Rilke quote.

    Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.

    ReplyDelete