Tuesday, July 20, 2010

NEVER GIVE YOU UP

There's nothing like a wedding to make you think about life and relationships and your own marriage and the marriages of those around you.

This weekend, I was honored to stand up in my good friend's wedding. It was a destination wedding and people literally took planes, trains and automobiles to get there. Nothing about this wedding was easy or convenient. However, my friend, the bride, was happy -- ecstatic -- and so content with her life that, no matter what, it was worth it. Her whirlwind romance surprised many mutual friends, who were not kind in their opinions but at least kind enough to, for the most part, keep them to themselves.

Andy and I have been married a little over 5 months now. We are finally planning our roadtrip honeymoon -- actually mapped out the route (more or less, since we like to be flexible and open to whatever comes our way) and bought the plane tickets for the starting and ending points (one end of the country to the other, and many places in between). I am really looking forward to this trip -- our trip. After last weekend, it just proves that we are so meant for each other, it's kinda sick.

I'm excited too because we've decided to "pull the goalie" and try and have a baby. So, I'm on a plan to get as healthy as possible and lose some extra weight to make things easier. I'm a little older and not sure how successful babymaking will be for us, but I won't know until I try.

I'm ready to try and so is he. Which is good, because he'd make a wonderful father and there's some kid out there who deserves to call him "dad".

1 comment:

  1. That is so very exciting! Have fun trying and good luck!

    ReplyDelete