Wednesday, May 26, 2010

SHE JUST WANTS TO MOVE

I got a letter in the mail today -- it was a rejection letter for that job I really wanted.

I also met with my business partner to try and wrap things up. She still hasn't signed the dissolution agreement, even though she asked me to leave the partnership. I'm not sad about the partnership ending -- it needed to. I'm just sad about how it ended and that she thinks she can make more money without me.

There's a lot of blows to the ego lately so I'm going to have to remember what my husband says and take these lemons and make fucking awesome!

Or, take the summer off.

In other news, with the hot weather come the ants. Luckily, they're big black ants. After bragging to my friend on the phone about how we have only one or two/week (as opposed to her little brown ant-festation), I promptly killed 3 in a row! Then another 3!

So we got ant bait buttons.

This wasn't enough for me so this morning, while out in the yard with our dog, I followed the ants. As I suspected, they're getting into our apartment through a crack between the sidewalk and foundation. I wedged another ant bait button there and sent an email to my husband.

His reply: "You go after ants with unrivalled gusto. I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment